Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lessons Learned

Oh dear! I'm afraid I'm not the world's best blog correspondent. I've been meaning to post a blog for a while now, but I just haven't seemed to get one finished. There are several drafts that are floating around this thing they call the dashboard, but I think I've abandoned them. Although I guess that's not exactly something I should willingly admit.


Okay, I have been at KMBC for a little more than a month and I would like to share just some of the things I have learned since coming here.

I have learned why my un-home schooled friends groaned whenever they heard the two words "pop quiz."

I have learned that the "class clown" is not a myth.

I have learned to request a dorm room as far away from the hall phone as possible.

I have learned why shin guards are necessary in soccer.

I have learned to refrain from walking swiftly through the dining hall after the floor has been mopped.

I have learned that when I hear a very high-pitched sound in the dorm, it's not just some obnoxious person running through the hall and blowing a whistle.

I have learned just how fun it can be to celebrate Constitution Day.

I have learned to be as close to the front of the line as possible on pizza night.

And my classes? Oh, I guess I've learned some stuff from them too. ;-)

No comments: